Staff Selection Commission has announced the most popular exam of SSC which is SSC CGL Examination 2018, In this post I am providing you latest SSC CGL Exam pattern 2018. Go through the exam pattern and also check the official notification which is given at the end of the post.
Here is the latest SSC CGL Exam pattern 2018.
SSC CGL Examination 2018 will be conducted in 4 phases or 4 tiers. The four tiers of this exam are:
- Tier -I – Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II – Computer Based Examination
- Tier -III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Tier-IV – Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
The important thing about the exam is that the marks scored by the candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II examinations will be normalized and the normalized scores will be treated as final and will be used for qualifying the candidates to next stage of examination and to determine final merit.
Tier I will be a computer based exam. There will be four sections in this exam namely, General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. There will be 25 questions in each section of 50 marks. Hence total number of questions will be 100 and total marks will be 200. The time allotted will be 60 minutes.
Tier II will also be a computer based exam. There will be four sections which are Quantitative Abilities, English Language and Comprehension, Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics).
The Tier II will be of 800 marks while there will be 100 questions each in Quantitative Abilities,Statistics and General Studies (Finance and Economics). In English Language and Comprehension the number of questions will be 200. The maximum marks for each section is 200 and the time duration for each section will be 120 minutes.
Important points about the Tier I and Tier II Exam
- In Tier-I, there will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 in Tier II for each wrong answer in Paper-II (English Language and Comprehension) and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I, Paper-III and Paper-IV.
- In Tier-II, Paper-I and Paper-II are compulsory for all the posts.
- In Tier-II, Paper-III will be for only those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for this Post/Paper.
- Please note that in Tier-II, Paper-IV will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted inTier-I for Paper-IV i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
The tier III exam will be as under:
So you can see the latest SSC CGL Exam pattern 2018. All care has been taken while publishing the information however please check the official notification for more details.