Today I am going to explain you about the latest SBI Junior Associate Exam Pattern. State Bank of India every year conducts recruitment for the posts of Junior Associates which is a clerical cadre job. In this post I will explain exam pattern of SBI Clerk Exam.
The competition in this exam remains quite high as lacs of students fight for a few thousands vacancies. The selection process consists of a preliminary exam and a mains exam. Good thing about this recruitment is that there is no interview.
Once you clear the mains exams you are assured of a Bank Job subject to fulfilment of the other eligibility requirements of the Bank. Since there is no hurdle of interview hence only with good preparation of written exam one can qualify this exam.
For best preparation of the exam you should have a very good knowledge of the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. Therefore in this post I am going to explain you about the SBI Junior Associate Exam Pattern.
SBI Clerk recruitment selection process will consist of online exams which are preliminary exam and mains exam and test of specified opted local language.
Phase I Preliminary Exam
Preliminary Examination (online) consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 1 hour duration consisting of 3 Sections as follows:
You can see that there will be 3 sections in the Preliminary Exam which are English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. There will be 30 questions in English Language, 35 questions in Numerical Ability and 35 questions Reasoning Ability. Hence there will be total 100 questions of 100 marks. There will be sectional timimg of 20 minutes each for each section. Overall there will be 100 questions and duration of the exam will be 60 minutes.
Important Features of the Preliminary Exam:-
- There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject as well as for aggregate (overall) are prescribed.
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies. subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Examination from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored.
Phase II Mains Exam
Mains Examination (online) consisting of Objective Tests for 200 marks will be conducted online. This test would be of 2 hours 40 minutes duration consisting of 4 Sections as follows:
In the mains examination there will be 4 sections which are General / Financial Awareness 50 questions of 50 marks , General English 40 questions of 40 marks, Quantitative Aptitude 50 questions of 50 marks and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude 50 questions of 60 marks.
General / Financial Awareness section will be of 35 minutes, General English will be of 35 minutes, Quantitative Aptitude will be of 45 minutes and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude will be of 45 minutes. There will be total 190 questions of 200 marks and total time duration will be 2 hours and 40 minutes.
Important Features of the Main Exam:-
- Each test will have a separate timing as mentioned above.
- The questions in objective tests, except for the test of General English, will be bilingual i.e., English & Hindi. There will be negative marks for wrong answers in the Objective tests. 1/4th of mark assigned for question will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- No minimum qualifying marks for individual subject are prescribed. Merit list will be drawn State wise, category wise.
Test of specified opted local language:
Those who qualify for selection and produce 10th or 12th standard mark sheet/ certificate evidencing having studied the specified opted local language will not be subjected to any Language test. In case of others (qualified for selection), specified opted local language test will be conducted after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates not found to be proficient in specified opted local language would be disqualified.
So this is the complete SBI Junior Associate Exam Pattern for all of you. Please also go through the official notification for more information.