Friends, today I am going to tell you about the latest IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern. IBPS Clerk Notification has already been announced and let us discuss about the latest exam pattern and the changes made in the exam pattern.
This year a major change has been done by the IBPS in its Clerk Exam Pattern as sectional timings have been introduced by the IBPS on the lines of Exam pattern of SBI Clerk, SBI PO and IBPS PO. In IBPS clerk also now there will be sectional timings.
These changes are for preliminary exam pattern. However the exam pattern and timings for the main exam will remain the same as earlier.
Now let us discuss about the exam pattern in details.
latest IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern – Preliminary Examination
There are 3 sections in the preliminary examination. The 3 sections are English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. In English Language there will be 30 questions of 30 marks. In Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability, the number of questions will be 35 each of 35 marks each. The total number of questions will be 100 of 100 marks. The sectional timing for each paper / section will be 20 minutes each. It means that you have 20 minutes for each section and you can not devote more than 20 minutes on any section.
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing cut-off marks to be decided by IBPS. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by IBPS depending upon requirements will be shortlisted for Online Main examination.
latest IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern – Main Examination
There will be 4 sections in the Main Examination. The 4 sections are General / Financial Awareness, General English, Reasoning Ability & Computer and Quantitative Aptitude.
- In General / Financial Awareness there will be 50 questions of 50 marks and sectional timing will be 35 minutes.
- In General English there will be 40 questions of 40 marks and sectional timing will be 35 minutes.
- In Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude there will be 50 questions of 60 marks and sectional timing will be 45 minutes.
- In Quantitative Aptitude there will be 50 questions of 50 marks and sectional timing will be 45 minutes.
The total number of questions will be 190 of 200 marks. The total time of the exam will be 160 minutes. Sectional timing for the each section I have already advised you.
latest IBPS Clerk Exam Pattern – Points to Remember
- Except the Test of English Language, all other tests will be available bilingually, i.e. English and Hindi.
- There will be negative marking or penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate one fourth or 0.25 of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- Preliminary examination is only qualifying in nature and marks will not be counted for final merit. Marks of only mains exam will be counted for final merit.
- There is no interview and final merit list will be prepared based on the marks scored by students in Mains Examination only.